Sunday, June 8, 2008

on call

This morning after Chinese service ended, I was asked to play piano for English service last minute because the pianist was not there yet and the service almost started...I was asked to standby...Finally,I played for the praise & worship...I don't blame the pianist but I want to thank him... =) because of his lateness I have the chance to learn about alertness once again...alertness in the way that serve in a different congregation which I'm not used to...different musicians...although I ever play piano in English service a few times and with the musicians too but this time is WITHOUT PRACTICE...last minute call..I only have around 15mins to practice and go through the songs before the service start...all that I can do is listen to each other playing and follow...felt nervous at first..then Ivy came and pray for me..Thanks Vy! =) The peace of God came upon me...Thank you Lord...really enjoy it...
Oh No...when we were playing the fast songs...I forgot the meaning of the signals given by the worship leader...because he was playing acoustic guitar while leading so he used his left leg and guitar as signals...I forgot which one is chorus signal...which one is last line signal...sigh!!! played wrong...luckily got it right after that...hehehe...>.<

Suddenly the word "Doctor" came into my mind...hahaha...always on call...always available when patient needs you...Same as a musician too...especially now our church worship team lack of potential & commitment musicians...so we have to back-up and help each other...this is call TEAMWORK..Yeah~ pray for more new potential and commitment musicians to join our worship team =)
So even when call to serve last minute, we are to serve with all of our hearts no matter how...because we are serving our God...not man...=)

My prayer:
Lord,craft Your Word into my heart that I might become the kind of worshiper You seek...Amen!


Serve the Lord with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength and with all your mind


0 comments: